23 March 2015

Introducing - Hunt Specials

Hunt Specials

I'd like to take the time to explain an upcoming feature to The Hunt, and how it may (or may not) affect hunters following along. It's a new way of joining in on the action!

What are "Hunt Specials"?

Hunt Specials are just like the treasure hunts I've organised previously. There's still a coin to find, and clues to lead you to the coin. But that's all I can guarantee. This means that there might be different amounts of clues, new ways of receiving clues, or different ways of solving them. The hunts could be planned well in advance, or even instantly announced just hours before! There might be one coin, or multiple coins! It's a way of allowing me to break the rules of organising "traditional" hunts, without actually breaking them!
(There's a lot of grey area around the specific details on each Hunt Special as each one will be unique; so for the rest of this article I will use the words "could""may", "might" and "probably".)

How can I find out about upcoming Hunt Specials?

Just like before, hunts might be advertised on an event website such as Eventfinda, or announced on this blog or Twitter. All you need is to check back to find out when the next one is on. If you have a Twitter account, following @hunt_clues is the best way of getting the updates quickly!

Where will the Hunt Specials take place?

Anywhere! It could be a town or city in New Zealand, it may even be overseas! All I can say for certain is that if I feel like doing a hunt somewhere, I'll do one.

Can I take part?

Hunt Specials may be public or private. It depends if I'm organising the hunt for a private group event (coming soon).

This all seems really vague. Is there anything you can guarantee about Hunt Specials?

Sorry, no. All I can say is that the debriefs will be posted on the blog regardless, so you can at least find out about The Hunt's latest clues and winners.
Again, Hunt Specials are hunts that don't really fit into the already established "tradition" of announcing a hunt in advance, posting 10 clues, and waiting for someone from the public following along to find the coin and become the winner. So if a hunt doesn't follow all that criteria it will probably be a Hunt Special.

Are you still confused? Yeah, I might be too. If you have a question about Hunt Specials that I missed, leave a comment below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. In the meantime, keep following the Twitter feed for any upcoming announcements.

See you out there!
-Huntmaster Orion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *